21 August 2013

Inspiration post #1

Today's post is all about inspiration.

One of my favourite illustrators of all time is Veronika Kalacheva, a very talented young lady from Russia. Her art represents what true watercolour is to me: light, tender, expressing the mood, the connection between form and colour, unexpected and effective colour decisions. Every time I look on her pictures I feel like I am a part of the story, like I've been there before. Maybe, that is the reason why I like Veronika's art so much!
I think, her works are the role model for me. Sometimes I see some pics and I appreciate the talent and work behind them, but rarely I say to myself that I'd like to paint like that. Not in this case. These watercolours represent the technique that I'd like to master in future. I am not fond of realism, there's no expression of a personal view to me (yet, I think, those who do realism are talented and do great job), but here is everything I want: mood, the whiteness of a paper that almost blinds you, and wonderful strokes, and they ain't that easy to do, you know!











No comments:

Post a Comment